Friday, September 18, 2015

Courage

This post is about art and the courage to release inhibitions and just create art.  I get tired of people saying, "I don't have a creative bone in my body" or "I'm not creative."  Ah, yes you are!  Did you skip your childhood and go straight into adulthood?  I didn't think so!  Discover the love of just coloring or playing with paper and scissors.  It's so good for your artful soul.  Don't  shut that part of your life off.  Time to bring it up to the forefront and make it a part of your life.  OK, I'm off my soapbox now.

My Favorite Things (MFT) has a retired stamp set called, "All About Art" and it had many quotes and sayings about art, artists, and the artful life.  If you ever find it on ebay or Craigslist, you need to buy it.  It's a must have.

The Super Boy was colored with Prismacolor pencils.  I wish I had more of these pencils, they are the best, but alas I only have the 24 pencil set.  After I colored the super boy I used Gamsol to blend the colored pencil images.   I also used the MFT Die-namics Double Stitched Oval STAX to cut out an oval.  I used ink blending using distress inks on the oval.
I borrowed the Super Boy stamp set from my crafting friend Rubina.  The cute street lamp is the Streetlights die-namics die which I don't think it's available yet.  I received it as a "free with purchase of $60 or more" from MFT.  Isn't that the coolest -free dies with a purchase?  I die cut the street light and glued it onto the sponged background oval.  The sentiment, "Creativity takes courage" is from the All About Art stamp set.  The sentiment is stamped on a strip of white card stock die cut from one of the elements of Blueprint 13 I believe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment