Friday, September 18, 2015

Vertical Greetings

I have 2 sets of  My Favorite Things ( MFT) Vertical Greetings but one of them has been retired.  You can find these under the Die-namics companions at the MFT stamps website.  The Vertical Greetings set contains 4 inspiring sayings and you can purchase the die that is sized to fit the stamped greetings.   Lucky for me the Vertical Greetings I own is still available.  Then I used the cool background die called Die-namics Four Way Chevron Cover-Up to cut my background using black cardstock.  I then took some yellow card stock and cut out the MFT Die-namics Pierced Fancy Flourish.  It is fancy!  I used the same yellow card stock and die cut the LJD Scribble Flowers and layered that under the LJD Scribbles roses cut out of red card stock. I cut the rose leaves using the MFT die-namics Royal Leaves dies.  This set is a must have and is perfect for roses.  Can you imagine cutting these out in white or gold card stock?  Perfect for Wedding or Anniversary Cards.   All products are from MFT!  I love how this card looks so complicated, but it's not.
Since I work outside of my home I've had to device ways to get my "required for my sanity" creative card-making time.  I've had to device a time-saving strategy.  The best thing I did was to set a couple of hours out and just die-cut a bunch of backgrounds, flowers, leaves, butterflies, flourishes, and precut and score your base cards.  I also stamp a bunch of greetings at one time as well.  

Strategy #2 - Store all of these card elements and use a $1.00 bragbook to store them in.  Brag book?  Is that aging me.  I'm talking about those $1 photo albums you pick up at Michael's to store your 4"X 6" photos in.  BTW, Michael's $1 bins are up to $1.50.  It's still a good deal.  

Now when you need a quick card, just go to your photo album with the cut-out goodies and slap that card in no time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment