Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Challenge Cards

It's been a long time since I posted.  I can't believe how quickly the month has flown by.  I have found myself spending more time creating cards and trying out new as well as revisiting techniques I had not tried in quite awhile.  It's kind of like "what's old is new again."  In 20+ years I've seen trends come and go and then back again.  I'll try to post a few of the many cards I've created.  Many are simple and took very little time to create. 

This card was created using the watercolor "smooching" technique.  All you do is take your favorite distress inks and smooch them onto your nonstick craft mat.  Spray with water and then take a piece of acetate and pick up the color onto the acetate and place that over your watercolor paper.  You "smoosh" or "smooch" the color around.  It's easy and lots of fun. 

I used the Ellen Hutson, Bold Blooms stamp set by Julie Ebersole.  I love, love, love this stamp set.  There are 3 coordinating items:  Bold Blooms photopolymer stamp set, a coordinative die set, and a stand alone die set.  The 3 items are a must have!  You can just create an endless amount of designs with the 3 sets.  My friend, Rubina and I were on a month long wait list to get these and then quickly snatched them up when they became available.


I stamped the images with Versamark ink onto watercolor paper and white embossed the images.  I then smooched the watercolor onto the watercolor paper.  Last step was to mount the card on black card stock and add it to a white A2 sized card base.  I the added 3 clear sequins to the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment